Before May 2017 there will be a sub-$1000 (USD, pre-tax/shipping) VR HMD with >= 2K pixels (either direction) per eye, shipping to at least some of the general public
- PseudonymousUser estimated 90% on 2016-03-25
- PseudonymousUser said “AMD is working on one: http://arstechnica.co.uk/gaming/2016/03/amd-radeon-pro-duo-revealed/” on 2016-03-25
- themusicgod1 estimated 60% on 2016-03-25
- PseudonymousUser said “There is a Pimax 4K VR headset with a 4K panel (1920×2160 per eye), but it shipped with HDMI 1.4b which can’t actually do 4K/60fps. StarVR isn’t out yet. Not aware of anything else that would qualify. http://3dj.at/data/vr/hmd/list/hmdlist.html” on 2017-05-01
- PseudonymousUser judged this prediction wrong on 2017-05-01.
Please log in to respond to or judge prediction