2016 will remain the hottest year on record.
- technicalities estimated 90% on 2017-01-23
- themusicgod1 estimated 64% on 2017-01-24
- atomicspaceman estimated 50% and said “Compared to what? Compared to next years temperature? Compared to the next decade, or all time?I believe it has a >50% of next year being warmer, but I would say I have 90% confidence a warmer year will occur in the next decade.” on 2017-01-30
- technicalities estimated 90% and said “@atomicspaceman: The prediction end date was supposed to imply “compared to 2017”. But your decade-wide prediction is more interesting.” on 2017-01-30
- Bruno Parga said “We won’t know if 2017 is warmer than 2016 by the end of 2017. It takes some time for the data to be processed. The deadline should be changed to some time into 2018.” on 2017-02-17
- themusicgod1 said “https://predictionbook.com/predictions/178225” on 2017-09-09
- technicalities judged this prediction right on 2018-01-03.
- technicalities said “Will edit if the analysis shifts a lot https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/monitoring-content/sotc/global/2017/sep/ytd-horserace-201709.pnghttps://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/nov/06/2017-set-to-be-one-of-top-three-hottest-years-on-record” on 2018-01-03
Please log in to respond to or judge prediction