“Data science” hype will continue to increase, as measured by Google Trends hits / world job openings.
- technicalities estimated 70% on 2017-01-23
- themusicgod1 estimated 52% on 2017-01-24
- ioannes said “This needs to be better specified. Can you link to the metric you are using, and define what an “increase” means? (i.e. if it goes from 500,000 in 2016 hits to 500,001 hits in 2017, it’s not obvious that that is an “increase”)” on 2017-01-27
- technicalities estimated 70% and said “@ioannes: You’re right, thanks. I predict >10% increase, relative to December 2016, on this https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=data%20science and https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/data-scientist-jobs. (Present job count 11744.)” on 2017-01-30
- technicalities judged this prediction wrong on 2018-01-03.
- technicalities said “Google Trends gives contradictory results on the 12month and 5year views, but Linkedin in way down.” on 2018-01-03
Please log in to respond to or judge prediction