There'll be a global average “dip” in the rate of population increase directly attributable to people voluntarily forgoing having kids due to climate change fears
- predoindk estimated 25% on 2019-08-23
- pranomostro estimated 1% and said “I can’t recall any comparable event in the history of humanity.” on 2019-08-25
- stepan estimated 1% on 2019-09-10
- Baeboo estimated 1% on 2019-09-10
- Stephen estimated 3% and said “I think the likelihood of ‘fears’ driving it is low. However, if it becomes ‘taboo’ to have more than one kid (seen as greedy) then I could see it happening. tldr; I think social pressure is much more likely to cause this to happen than fear.” on 2020-08-11
- jamesrom judged this prediction wrong on 2020-08-17.
Please log in to respond to or judge prediction