People experience 3-D virtual reality through glasses and contact lenses that beam images directly to their retinas (retinal display). Coupled with an auditory source (headphones), users can remotely communicate with other people and access the Internet.
- gwern estimated 30% on 2010-10-27
- gwern said “http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predictions_made_by_Ray_Kurzweil#2020-2050” on 2010-10-27
- themusicgod1 estimated 3% and said “VR is taking too long to mature for this to be ready by 2020” on 2016-10-07
- pranomostro estimated 5% on 2019-01-08
- Bruno Parga said “Is there any specific meaning to “direct to the retina” as opposed to normal vision going through the lens and pupil? Or is that just to sound cool and futuristic?” on 2020-01-01
- Tapetum-Lucidum judged this prediction wrong on 2020-07-14.
Please log in to respond to or judge prediction