By 2015 a mother will be able to have much of the genome of her unborn child sequenced from her own blood.
- gwern estimated 60% on 2011-01-01
- gwern said “cf. http://predictionbook.com/predictions/1529” on 2011-01-01
- gwern said “http://www.nature.com/news/2010/101208/full/news.2010.661.html ” on 2011-01-01
- gwern said “prediction for commercial sequencing of important SNPs like ‘cystic fibrosis, sickle-cell anaemia and other diseases’. whole genome not worthwhile” on 2011-01-01
- gwern said “er, not just SNPs but individual genes as well, I suppose. the important thing is the functionality of non-invasive pre-natal diagnoses” on 2011-01-01
- gwern said “marking this right. whole-genome still not here without spending huge $$$ but down’s blood tests now http://www.technologyreview.com/featuredstory/513691/prenatal-dna-sequencing/ “one of the most quickly adopted tests ever”” on 2015-01-01
- gwern judged this prediction right on 2015-01-01.
Please log in to respond to or judge prediction