The Opportunity rover will continue doing science (either mobile or as a fixed station) for at least another six months.
- JoshuaZ estimated 60% on 2011-08-09
- gwern estimated 65% on 2011-08-10
- Sandra Åhlén estimated 45% on 2011-08-10
- JoshuaZ estimated 55% and said “Power is diminishing due to dust and winter starting http://www.universetoday.com/90601/nasa-robot-seeks-goldmine-of-science-and-sun-at-martian-hill-along-vast-crater/ reducing confidence. ” on 2011-11-04
- JoshuaZ estimated 58% and said “Things seem to be going well. ” on 2011-12-08
- JoshuaZ estimated 85% and said “Updating based on this report http://www.universetoday.com/92890/opportunity-arrives-at-greeley-haven-5th-winter-haven-worksite-on-mars/ things seem to be going well. ” on 2012-01-24
- gwern said “Wikipedia doesn’t list anything about it dying, so marking right” on 2012-02-09
- gwern judged this prediction right on 2012-02-09.
Please log in to respond to or judge prediction