There will be no statistically significant increase in neutrino levels detected by detectors attributable to the recent supernova in M101.
- JoshuaZ estimated 62% on 2011-08-26
- JoshuaZ said “Lack of warning from SNEWS means iif any found had to be close to background. SNO is down. Probably too far for IceCube. Maybe Super-K but doubtful. LVD and Borexino have been improved I don’t know how much, but probably not enough. ” on 2011-08-26
- JoshuaZ said “Also, just talked to astronomers who confirm distance too long and that as a Ia rather than II the number of neutrinos produced is a lot fewer. ” on 2011-08-26
- gwern estimated 65% on 2011-08-27
- bobpage estimated 65% on 2011-08-27
- Laurent Bossavit said “tags: science, astronomy” on 2011-09-04
- JoshuaZ judged this prediction right on 2011-09-25.
Please log in to respond to or judge prediction