HP MoR: The intermittent glitch in the Marauder's Map is people appearing in multiple places simultaneously due to use of Time Turners.
Created by tadrinth on 2012-04-12; known on 2014-04-12; judged wrong by Oscar_Cunningham on 2015-03-26.
- tadrinth estimated 30% on 2012-04-12
- RobertLumley estimated 40% on 2012-04-12
- gwern estimated 10% and said “mm… time turners are publicly known aren’t they?” on 2012-04-12
- tadrinth changed their prediction from “HPMOR:The intermittent glitch in the Marauder's Map is people appearing in multiple places simultaneously due to use of Time Turners.” on 2012-04-12
- gwern estimated 35% and said “actually, aside from voldemort’s spirit appearing as Riddle or something, I don’t really have any good suggestions for the intermittent glitch, so I should bump this up” on 2012-04-12
- Oscar_Cunningham estimated 15% on 2012-04-20
- gimpf estimated 25% and said “Time turners are only semi-publicly known. Most kids don’t, but teachers and ministry do. So I assume, that many non-teacher/ministry adults also don’t.” on 2012-05-05
- ygert estimated 40% on 2013-01-23
- JoshuaZ estimated 51% on 2013-01-24
- drethelin estimated 60% and said “Of known factors this seems to be the most likely to me. Most of the 40 percent of doubt is based on how good Eliezer is at introducing new interesting elements. ” on 2013-01-25
- nigr estimated 50% on 2013-08-15
- JayDee estimated 60% on 2013-08-21
- jbluphin estimated 75% and said “There have been multiple glitches mentioned (three, I think?), I assume that this is one of them, people disappearing into ‘unplottable’ areas is another” on 2014-02-01
- jkadlubo estimated 65% on 2014-03-02
- Oscar_Cunningham judged this prediction wrong on 2015-03-26.
- Oscar_Cunningham said “http://www.reddit.com/r/HPMOR/comments/2wlnjn/intermittent_error_of_the_map_ch_108/cos0sn6” on 2015-03-26
Please log in to respond to or judge prediction